Tuition Reimbursement Process
1. Member submits course approval form (must include course description and cost). Course approval form is on the district site, staff portal, HR/Forms or Click Here
Summer – June 30; Fall – Sept. 30; Spring – Jan. 31
There is no deadline indicated for winter courses.
(Of course, fall courses will begin before 9/30 and spring classes before 1/31.)
DO NOT PAY FOR A COURSE UNTIL YOU YOU RECEIVE APPROVAL.
2. The request for approval then goes on the next Board of Ed meeting agenda.
3. Once approved, HR (Marianne Tomore) creates a purchase order in the system. She sends an email to the member that the course has been Board approved. (NOW YOU CAN SIGN UP AND PAY FOR THE COURSE.)
4. After you finish the course, send official transcripts and proof of payment to Marianne Tomore in HR. She signs off on the purchase order FOR THE FIRST COURSE ONLY.
5. Next, it goes to accounts payable (Monica Weimer) for processing.
6. It will then go on the agenda (on the bills list) for the next “Business” meeting of the Board (which is the second meeting of the month).
7. Within 10 days of Board approval (according to contract language), member will receive a check (FOR THE FIRST COURSE* ONLY).
July 1 – June 30 is the annual reimbursement period